Vegan Pad Thai
Recipe Type: Vegan, Gluten Free, Plant Based, Oil Free
Cuisine: Plant Based
A hearty, warm and delicious bowl that is asian inspired…but much healthier than your typical pad thai take out.
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1/4 white onion
- 1 orange or red bell pepper
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 – 15 oz can coconut milk (or the meat of 1 young coconut + the water)
- 1 – 8 oz can tomato sauce (or 1 cup fresh diced tomatoes)
- 4 dates
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup vegetable stock, or water
- 2 tablespoons tahini + 1 tablespoon homemade peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 2 tablespoons garlic chili paste
- 2 tablespoons low sodium GF soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon (or lime for a more authentic flavor)
- FOR THE BOWL:
- 1 package of brown rice noodles
- 3 – 4 zucchinis spiralized
- Steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, squash, really whatever you’d like!
- Finely chopped raw kale, spinach and rainbow chard
- Green Onion
- Sesame Seeds
- For the sauce, blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into a small pot and heat through stirring occasionally.
- Cook the rice noodles by letting them soak in very hot, almost boiling water. The easiest way to do this is to boil water and then pour that water over your noodles in a large bowl. Let it sit for 5 to 8 minutes, then rinse with hot water.
- For the bowl, layer the bottom with your raw greens. Top with your steamed vegetables, rice noodles and your sauce. Add as many herbs, seeds and nuts as you’d like!
You can switch out rice noodles for edamame noodles for more protein.[br]Add extra grail chili paste to your bowl for extra spice!