Green Pesto Pasta
Recipe Type: Plant Based, Gluten Free, Oil Free, Vegan
Cuisine: Plant Based
Creamy, delicious, and filled with nutrients. Your family won’t even know they are eating healthy!
- For the Pesto:
- 1/4 cup coconut meat
- 2 garlic cloves
- Handful of Basil
- 1/2 an avocado
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds, walnuts, almonds, cashews or pine nuts
- 1/2 tablespoon spirulina
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water (more if you don’t like the consistency)
- Juice of a lemon, and salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- For the Bowl:
- 1 package of GF pasta (I usually do black bean pasta from Trader Joe’s. It has SO much protein!)
- Steamed vegetables such as broccoli, zucchini, asparagus, etc…
- Raw vegetables such as finely chopped kale, chard and spinach. Add cherry tomatoes for a juicy twist and pop of color.
- Once the pasta has been cooked, throw in your steamed vegetables, raw vegetables and mix with the pesto (as much as you want!) Top with walnuts or hemp seeds and enjoy!