Black Bean and Potato Enchiladas
Choose any potatoes you desire! This recipe is hearty, warm and filling. Fill free to fill with rice instead of potatoes...or just add rice in along with everything else!
Author: Sara Mendelsohn
Recipe type: Vegan, GF, Healthy
Serves: 4 - 6
- For the Sauce:
- 2½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 - 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2½ tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (to be added in at the end)
- The Filling:
- 1 large potato, slightly mashed
- 2 large potatoes shredded
- 1 -15oz can black beans
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon of the following: chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and a pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce, except the lime juice, and whisk together in a pot. Bring to boil and then remove from heat while you take care fo the filling. Add in the lime juice once you remove it from the heat.
- Boil the large potato and then mash it up however you would like. This is optional, you could cube it, slice it, or dice it small!
- Shred the potatoes before cooking. Once fully shredded, add to a pan with avocado oil and spices and cook until tender. Remove from heat.
- Season the black beans, if you desire, with the same spices as the potatoes.
- Slice the avocado thinly.
- Dip corn tortillas in the sauce and fill with the potatoes, black beans and avocados** and pour remaining sauce on top of the enchiladas once they are all filled and rolled up.
- Cook in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes at 425 degrees F
- Top with cilantro and more avocado! **If you don't like warm avocado, no need to put it in the enchiladas! Its dank as fuck though....