Buddha Bowl with Hummus Sauce
This is a feel good bowl that is so delicious. This meal and my pad thai are my all time favorites.
Author: Sara Mendelsohn
- For the Hummus Sauce:
- ½ cup steamed white potatoes
- ½ cup steamed white onion
- ½ cup steamed red bell pepper
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ½ cup water
- For the bowl:
- 1 cup of steamed/boiled potatoes (sweet potatoes, baby reds, russet, purple, etc...)
- 3 to 4 cups of leafy greens (kale, chard, spinach, etc...)
- 1 zucchini spiralized**
- Onions, bell peppers and rainbow carrots
- Blend all ingredients for the sauce in a blender until smooth. I suggest boiling the potatoes, onion and bell pepper right before adding so the sauce will be warm.
- **The best way to heat this up without turning it into mush is to put it in a colander and let it sit over a pot of boiling water (you can do it over your potatoes to save you dishes and time). Constantly mix the spiralized zucchini while it steams for about 2 minutes. Don't go over this time or it'll be a mess! This method just warms them up, keep them raw if you desire!
- Saute the onions, bell peppers, and rainbow carrots in water.
- Layer the bottom of your bowl with the leafy greens and top with potatoes and vegetables. Pour the sauce over your bowl and top with sesame seeds, green onion and cilantro!
I enjoy the hummus sauce warm over my hot vegetables and potatoes (it's usually warm right out of the blender). This sauce is also good cold or reheated. The possibilities are endless!