Black Bean and Potato Enchiladas
Recipe Type: Vegan, GF, Healthy
Serves: 4 – 6
Choose any potatoes you desire! This recipe is hearty, warm and filling. Fill free to fill with rice instead of potatoes…or just add rice in along with everything else!
- For the Sauce:
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 – 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (to be added in at the end)
- The Filling:
- 1 large potato, slightly mashed
- 2 large potatoes shredded
- 1 -15oz can black beans
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon of the following: chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and a pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce, except the lime juice, and whisk together in a pot. Bring to boil and then remove from heat while you take care fo the filling. Add in the lime juice once you remove it from the heat.
- Boil the large potato and then mash it up however you would like. This is optional, you could cube it, slice it, or dice it small!
- Shred the potatoes before cooking. Once fully shredded, add to a pan with avocado oil and spices and cook until tender. Remove from heat.
- Season the black beans, if you desire, with the same spices as the potatoes.
- Slice the avocado thinly.
- Dip corn tortillas in the sauce and fill with the potatoes, black beans and avocados** and pour remaining sauce on top of the enchiladas once they are all filled and rolled up.
- Cook in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes at 425 degrees F
- Top with cilantro and more avocado! **If you don’t like warm avocado, no need to put it in the enchiladas! Its dank as fuck though….